Saturday, May 11, 2013

Make your own 
"Shimmer Mist"
This technique has been around for a little while now, but I was asked again today how to make it...
So here it is...
~~~~
You will need: 

Spray bottle (100ml), Mod Podge, Metallic Paint and water...
~~~

 Add about 1cm of paint into the bottle, then pour about 2mls of Mod Podge. If your unable to measure the Mod Podge, all I did was count to 2 while pouring.....yep just count to the number 2..
~~~~~~
Put enough water in the bottle to 3/4 fill it.....Now put the top on the bottle and give it a good shake....
This is the only time you should ever spray your mists.. I like to roll the bottle between my hand, this way I don't get air bubbles when it spray's
~~~~~~

Top the bottle up with a little more water and you are done.....

As you can see, the color in the bottle is very close to what it sprays...
I have sprayed on textured card stock to show the colors...

If you have an old towel handy, why not spray a full sheet of white card.
I have done this in the blue and used this on a few cards that I have made.
 I used the spray for the paper and the paint for the embellishments.
I also used the Gold and Black Metallic in this card
~~~~~~~

When you have finished with your Shimmer Mists, I always recommend you take the spray off and pump it with water until it runs clear..... the fine particles can clog your sprays if you don't keep them clean..
~~~~~~~
I hope you enjoy making your own....
We have plenty of Spray bottle & Paints in stock....

No comments: